Cryotherapy For Recovery & Cold-water Immersion Podcast
Dr. Rhonda Patrick, one of XPT’s team members’, holds a podcast about how cryotherapy affects the brain, the immune system, metabolism, and athletic performance.
Heat-Ice/Cold is one of XPT’s foundation principles for cryotherapy recovery.
Listen as she discusses deep biochemical topics derived from her report.
Podcast is available through her website, itunes or mp3.
INTERESTED IN THE REPORT?
In this over 20-page report, I dive pretty deep into some important effects that cold exposure from both whole body cryotherapy and cold water immersion have on the body and brain including:
- How cold exposure increases norepinephrine up to 5-fold in the brain and the temperature and duration needed to do this.
- How norepinephrine has an effect on mood, increases vigilance, focus, and attention (especially over a prolonged period).
- Cold exposure increases cold shock proteins including one in the brain that repairs damaged synapses and in muscle prevents atrophy.
- How cold-induced norepinephrine lowers inflammation and pain by decreasing the levels of 3 inflammatory mediators.
- How chronic cold shock may increase immune cell numbers and particularly a type of immune cell that kills cancer cells.
Read more – VIEW REPORT