Kauai Farmacy Recipe: Spicy Curry Pumpkin Bisque
Originally Published on kauaifarmacy.com
SPICY CURRY PUMPKIN BISQUE: with Kauai Farmacy Curry Spice Blend
- First, remove the pumpkin skin with a veggie peeler.
- Next, remove the seeds & soak them in bowl filled with water to separate the seeds from the pulp (This simultaneously plumps up the seeds) – This can later be used to make Spicy Pepitas for a light snack or to garnish your bisque (Recipe below)
- Chop pumpkin into cube size chunks & place in slow-cooker until tender.
- Place slow-cooked pumpkin cubes into blender & slowly add in water until the soup becomes a creamy consistency.
- Add 1 tablespoon fresh ground cinnamon; 1 tablespoon Kauai Farmacy Curry powder (or to taste); 2 table spoons local, raw, organic honey; 5-6 fresh thyme sprigs stripped; 1 fresh Hawaiian chili pepper (remove the seeds before adding); Add Hawai’ian sea salt to taste.
- Blend until all ingredients are equally distributed & texture is smooth.
- Garnish with fresh Thyme & chili pepper – Alternative option: garnish with home-made Pepitas
- Serve hot or chilled
- Makes 6 servings
- Place pumpkin seeds in a bowl of water to separate pulp from seeds.
- Soak for 3+ hours (the more you soak them, the more they will plump up)
- Strain & place seeds on oven baking pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees
- Drizzle cold-pressed organic olive oil over the seeds
- Mix thoroughly until evenly coated
- Spread seeds out evenly on pan surface
- Bake until golden brown
- Dust generously with Kauai Farmacy Curry Powder immediately after removed from oven.
- Add Hawai’ian sea salt to taste
- Toss to evenly coat
- Serve as a light snack
- Or use Spicy Pepitas as a garnish in our Spicy Curry Pumpkin Bisque.
Enjoy this recipe and don’t forget – exclusive to our XPT followers: Use promo code “XPT10” at checkout on www.kauaifarmacy.com for 10% off their products!