A lot of you have been asking for the recipe, here it is! You absolutely can't go wrong with this cake and it was a big hit at our XPT EXPERIENCE KAUAI. Enjoy, can't wait for you to try it!
FLOURLESS CAKE BATTER INGREDIENTS:
• 3 Eggs beaten
• 4 oz. Organic dark chocolate (Organic semi sweet chocolate works, too)
• ½ Cup coconut oil
• ½ Cup coconut sugar or maple syrup or honey
• 1 Tsp. Vanilla
• 3/4 Cup Laird Superfoods Enriched Cocoa Creamer (Click here for buying options online)
• In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until they form a nice foam.
• In a double boiler, melt the chocolate, coconut oil, (sweetener of your choice) and vanilla.
• Combine cooled chocolate mixture with eggs.
• Mix well, do not over mix.
• Mix in Laird Enriched Cocoa Creamer.
• Poor on cooled crust. Bake at 300 degrees for 35 min.
PECAN CRUST INGREDIENTS:
• 2 ½ Cup Pecans
• ¼ Cup Laird Superfood Creamer
• ½ Tsp Cinnamon
• 4 Tbs Coconut Oil
• 2 Tbs Coconut Sugar
• Pinch Kosher Salt (or whatever salt you prefer)
• Place the pecans in a food processor and chop until the nuts are half the size.
• Stop the processor and add the rest of the ingredients.
• Chop until the nuts are like the size of rice.
• Put the mixture in a 9” spring from pan.
• Pack mixture down.
• Bake at 300 degrees for 15 min.
SUPER FOOD WHIPPED CREAM INGREDIENTS:
• 1 Pint organic heavy cream
• 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
• ½ Cup Laird Super Food Creamer
• Whip the cream before soft peaks start to form.
• Add the sugar and the Laird Superfood Creamer
• Mix until you form soft peaks.
If you don't have any Laird Superfood Creamer or Laird's Enriched Cocoa Creamer you can get some here: